3.21.2009

OUR BACK DECK


"This is It
and I am It
and You are It
and so is That
and He is It
and She is It
and It is It
and That is That."


James Broughton

We have a modest home, 1,550 sq. ft. on a large corner lot. No one lives with us but our space cat, Panga.







We live a comfortable life, frugal, yes, but comfortable. We drive cars that are almost 20 years old, and we baby them. We don't travel much out side Oregon and bordering states.

I guess we are a little like Candide who after many adventures found contentment in tending the garden in his own back yard.

Sunrise's last apple of fall.




Sunset






From our three decks we get some fantastic sunsets and sunrises. As I was going through my pictures to find the Forest Park picture for the last posting, I kept finding sunsets and a few sunrises. I never seem to be able to catch the best ones, but here are a few I liked.






Sunrise

You don't have to leave home to find contentment, when the joy of simple things is present off your own back deck.

5 comments:

  1. Panga is one gorgeous cat! Thanks for the great picutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great photos and that will be the word of anything in everything ;)

    //Fancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're back. We should talk books more. I read that it as my full time job. And I'm thinking you have a book store from your comment at my place.

    Very nice moody photos, except for the cat, who isn't moody looking at all--just very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got up and I obviously haven't got my brain and fingers working well together yet. Hope you can figure out what I meant in that last comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I do have a used book, The Bookmark, in Bend Oregon. I have about 70 thousand books in the store. I'll have to posts some pictures of the store one of these days. That would be fun to share my store with those of you who live other places.
    I have tables and chairs, sofas, all very comfy.

    ReplyDelete